Getting Started – New Users
Welcome to the Prince William Chamber of Commerce News & Events Media Room. While there are many things you can do with this powerful PR tool, at its most basic, it allows you to post your business announcements to:
This service is FREE to members of the Prince William Chamber, thanks to Cavendo Corporation. The Media Room is user-friendly; if you can use Word, you can start broadcasting news and managing your social media here! Let's get started...
- The Community Calendar or Member News sections of pwchamber.org
- @pwbiznews Twitter feed
- Your own social media pages, making them easier to manage
What is a media room?
A Media Room is an organization’s public relations “hub.” It is a web site that contains your facts, news, events, awards and more. It integrates with your social media and can help increase rankings in search enginge results..
- The first page you see on the is the Homepage with a summary list of the most recent news and events.
- The Member News page can be sorted by date and provides a complete listing of all news. Click on the title of any item to see the full article.
- The Community/Member Calendar page is a listing of all upcoming events. A calendar is provided to give you a monthly view of events. Click on the title of any event or a particular day on the calendar to get full details.
- The My Profile page is where you may view your media room address, track favorite news and events, see ratings, and review comments you have left.
- Register for your own media room or log onto an existing account.
- Submit a news item by clicking on the News tab in the control panel. Click New Press Release to create the news item. Click Publish and Distribute to send the press release to both your media room and the Chamber.
- To submit an event, click the Events tab. Click Add New Event to create the event. Click Publish and Distribute to send the event to both your media room and the Chamber.
- You’re done! Your news or event item will show up within one to two business days after approval by Chamber staff.
See more events >
Latest News & Notes
See more news >